We are a group of enthusiastic beekeepers covering a wide area which includes Waterlooville, Horndean, Boarhunt, Wickham, Bishop’s Waltham, Botley, Hedge End, Durley, Upham, Warnford, Meonstoke, West Meon, Medstead, Ropley, Cheriton, Alresford, Farringdon, Four Marks, Alton and Basingstoke. The association has been in existence since 1938.
We help and encourage people to learn the craft of beekeeping, to keep their bees healthy and strong, so that they will bring in a good honey crop and provide pollination. We provide:
- A friendly welcome and free support and training from experienced beekeepers
- Offer of a mentor.
- Help in obtaining bees.
- Monthly autumn to spring meetings with excellent speakers who cover not just bee management but such topics as using the products of the hive and environmental issues of interest to beekeepers.
- Summer visits to the apiaries of other beekeepers. These are a great opportunity for new and experienced members to learn from each other. They end with tea at our Apiary and are great fun.
- Social functions including a BBQ and Christmas Party.
- An annual auction where you can obtain bargains in used beekeeping equipment.
- Direct honey sales and subsided entry to conventions.
- The bulk purchase of honey jars which are sold at cost to our members.
- Membership of the British Beekeepers Association (BBKA) with a monthly journal and membership of the Hampshire Beekeepers Fellowship, fun and free help and training from experienced beekeepers.
- Regular free up to date newsletters, leaflets and booklets on beekeeping, published by Hampshire, National and Government sources.
- Bee disease insurance.
- Loan of the Association equipment.